IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
June 6, 2012
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,
HEARING ROY BRIAN MERCER,
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Maxine M. Chesney United States District Judge
STIPULATION AND PROPOSED
ORDER CONTINUING STATUS
The United States, by Assistant U.S. Benjamin P. Tolkoff, and the defendant, Roy Brian Mercer, through John J. Jordan, counsel of record, hereby move this Court to continue the date of 17 defendant's status hearing from June 13, 2012, until July 18, 2012, at 2:15 p.m.. 18
1. The defendant is currently before this Court on a Form 12 supervised release
19 violation, with a status hearing now scheduled for June 13, 2012. 20
2. At the time that Court scheduled the status hearing for June 13, 2012, counsel 21 for the defendant mistakenly overlooked a conflict for that date. Counsel then contacted AUSA 22 Tolkoff and Probation Officer Ortiz regarding possibly continuing the case one week until June 23 20, 2012. Both were agreeable, but Probation Officer Ortiz suggested moving the case until July 24 18, 2012, as she is still on limited duty for medical reasons and would not be able to personally 25 appear on June 13 or June 20. By mid-July, however, she believes she will be back full time and 26 able to appear. All parties are available to appear on that date.
3. The parties accordingly ask the Court to continue the matter until July 18, 2012, 2 at 2:15 p.m. 3
4. As the defendant has pled guilty, there are no speedy trial act concerns.
5. Accordingly, the parties ask the Court to continue the matter until July 18, 2012, at 2:15 p.m. 6
So Stipulated: /S/ Benjamin P. Tolkoff BENJAMIN P. TOLKOFF Assistant U.S. Attorney /S/ John J. Jordan JOHN J. JORDAN Counsel for Defendant
Proposed ORDER FOR GOOD CAUSE SHOWN, the date of defendant's status hearing is continued from June 13, 2012, until July 18, 2012, at 2:15 p.m. 13
SO ORDERED. 14
© 1992-2012 VersusLaw Inc.