UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
July 30, 2012
YELP, INC., A DELAWARE CORPORATION
DATAFINITI LLC, A TEXAS LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY, D/B/A 80LEGS;
DEYSARKAR, AN INDIVIDUAL, AND DOES 1-50, INCLUSIVE, 15 DEFENDANTS.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Judge Donna M. Ryu
Gregory K. Klingsporn (SBN 203649) MITCHELL, HERZOG & KLINGSPORN, LLP 550 Hamilton Avenue, Suite 230 Palo Alto, CA 94301 Tel: 650-327-7476 Fax: 650-327-7994 Attorneys for Defendants DATAFINITI LLC and SHION DEYSARKAR
ORDER ON JOINT AND UNOPPOSED
ADMINISTRATIVE MOTION FOR
60-DAY STAY AND CONTINUANCE TO ALLOW
In order to facilitate ongoing constructive settlement discussions, Plaintiff YELP, INC. ("Yelp") and defendants DATAFINITI LLC ("Datafiniti") and SHION 20 DEYSARKAR, by and through their attorneys of record, hereby jointly move this 21 19 Court to grant an additional stay pending hearing dates and other deadlines as follows: 22
1. On June 21, 2012, the Court granted the parties' joint request for a 30-day stay 23 and continuance to allow settlement discussions (doc. no 23.) 24
2. The parties have since been engaged in continuous constructive settlement 25 discussions, which are close to final, and continue to believe that the matter has the 26 best chance of resolution the less resources each side has had to expend on the case. 27
3. Defendants' motion to dismiss, or in the alternative, transfer venue (doc. no. 10) 28 is currently set to be heard on August 23, 2012 at 11:00 a.m, with an Initial Case Management Conference to be held concurrently with the motion hearing (doc. 2 no. 19.) 3
4. The parties' Rule 26 conference, Case Management Conference, and ADR Deadlines are currently set in the time period between now and August 9, 2012; 5
5. The effect of such an order would be to continue the Initial Case Management Conference and the hearing on defendants' motion for at least sixty (60) days, and to 7 similarly extend the deadlines set forth in the Court's Order Setting Initial Case 8 Management Conference and ADR Deadlines (doc. no. 3). 9
6. Consequently, the parties jointly move that the Court issue an order staying 10 this case for a period of sixty (60) days in order to allow the parties the opportunity to 11 resolve all matters in dispute by settlement. 12
Pursuant to stipulation, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that the 24 case management conference and motion hearing are continued from August 23, 2012 to October 25, 2012. The case management 25 statement is due October 18, 2012, and the case management 26 and ADR deadlines are continued accordingly. Doc. no. 3.
IT IS ORDERED
ADMINISTRATIVE UNOPP. MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE
© 1992-2012 VersusLaw Inc.