The opinion of the court was delivered by: Kendall J. Newman United States Magistrate Judge
Presently before the court is plaintiffs' motion to compel further responses to various discovery requests (Dkt. No. 20), which was narrowed prior to the filing of the Joint Statement re Discovery Disagreement ("Joint Statement") (Dkt. No. 25).*fn1 All discovery in this case must be "completed" by August 14, 2012.*fn2 (See Stip. & Order, May 25, 2012, Dkt. No. 14.)
The court heard this matter on its August 9, 2012 civil law and motion calendar. Attorney Laura Jane Coles appeared on behalf of plaintiffs.*fn3 Attorney Sean White appeared on behalf of defendant. The court has fully considered the parties' Joint Statement and oral arguments. For the reasons stated on the record at the hearing, the court grants plaintiffs' motion to compel in part and denies it in part, as stated below.
Accordingly, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that:
1. Plaintiffs' motion to compel (Dkt. No. 20) is granted in part and denied in part.
2. To the extent not already produced, defendant shall produce the following insurance policies to plaintiff Maryland Casualty Company ("Maryland") on or before August 14, 2012:
* Policy No. 122164A, effective 10/01/96 - 10/01/97;
* Policy No. 166538A, effective 11/13/02 - 11/13/03;
* Policy No. 166538B, effective 11/13/02 - 6/23/04;
* Policy No. 103238B, effective 10/01/93 - 10/01/94;
* Policy No. 105528C, effective 10/01/94 - 10/01/95; and
* All other general liability insurance policies issued by defendant to FRG Construction Co. that were effective between the years 1994 and 2006.
3. On or before August 14, 2012, defendant shall produce the following documents, identified in its privilege log with the following Bates pages (see Joint ...