UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA SAN JOSE DIVISION
August 17, 2012
APPLE, INC., A CALIFORNIA CORPORATION,
PLAINTIFF AND COUNTERDEFENDANT,
SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD., A KOREAN CORPORATION; SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS AMERICA, INC., A NEW YORK CORPORATION; SAMSUNG TELECOMMUNICATIONS AMERICA, LLC, A DELAWARE LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY,
DEFENDANTS AND COUNTERCLAIMANTS.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Lucy H. Koh United States District Judge
ORDER REGARDING MISCELLANEOUS ISSUES
United States District Court For the Northern District of California
The Court issued the following orders on the record at trial regarding procedural matters:
* By Saturday, August 18, 2012, at 10:00 a.m., each party shall file a redlined version of its 17 proposed final jury instructions that illustrates how, if at all, the party's proposed instruction deviates from any model jury instructions. The parties shall also e-mail a soft copy of the document to the Court's CRD e-mail address, email@example.com.
* By Saturday, August 18, 2012, at noon, the parties shall file as a joint submission a revised 21 proposed verdict form, and shall also e-mail a soft copy of the document to the Court's CRD e-mail address. The parties' joint submission, not to exceed 20 pages, shall identify what portions are disputed and what portions are undisputed.
* By Saturday, August 18, 2012, at 8:00 p.m., the parties shall file as a joint submission an 25 updated, final admitted exhibit list, including applicable limiting instructions, and shall also e-mail a soft copy of the document to the Court's CRD e-mail address.
* The Court will file tentative final jury instructions by Sunday, August 19, 2012. Each party 2 shall file no more than 8 high priority objections, not to exceed 16 pages total, by Monday, August 20, 2012, at 8:00 a.m.
* The jury instruction conference is scheduled for Monday, August 20, 2012, at noon. 5
* The parties shall file objections to closing demonstratives by Monday, August 20, 2012, at 6 5:00 p.m. Any additional objections that arise from the outcome of the jury instruction conference shall be filed by August 20, 2012, at 8:00 p.m.
The Court hereby gives notice that in order to give the parties as much advance notice as possible, 9 the Court may file instructions on a rolling basis as they are prepared. 10
IT IS SO ORDERED.
© 1992-2012 VersusLaw Inc.