The opinion of the court was delivered by: Judge The Honorable Susan Illston
PLAINTIFFS' CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE STATEMENT; [PROPOSED] ORDER THEREON
REQUEST TO CONTINUE CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE;
Plaintiffs herein respectfully submit their Case Management Statement, requesting that the Case Management Conference, currently on calendar for August 28, 2012, be continued or vacated 22 entirely, in anticipation of Plaintiffs filing a Motion for Default Judgment. 23
1. As the Court's records will reflect, a Complaint was filed in this matter on May 16, 2012, to compel Defendant's compliance with the terms of its Collective Bargaining Agreement. 25
2. Service on Defendant was effectuated on May 28, 2012, and a Proof of Service of Summons was filed with the Court on May 30, 2012. 27
3. On June 22, 2012, the Court entered the default of the Defendant.
4. To date, Defendant has failed to plead or otherwise defend or appear in this action.
Therefore, Plaintiffs are currently preparing a Motion for Default Judgment which they anticipate 3 filing with the Court promptly. 4
5. There are no issues that need to be addressed at the currently scheduled Case Management Conference. In the interest of conserving costs as well as the Court's time and 6 resources, Plaintiffs respectfully request that the Case Management Conference, currently 7 scheduled for August 28, 2012, be vacated, or in the alternative be continued to either coincide 8 with the date to be set for the Motion or continued for 90 days to allow filing and disposition of 9 the Motion. 10
I declare under penalty of perjury that I am the attorney for the Plaintiffs in the above 11 entitled action, and that the ...