IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
September 10, 2012
ESTATE OF RODNEY LOUIS BOCK, ET AL., PLAINTIFFS,
COUNTY OF SUTTER, ET AL., DEFENDANTS.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Gregory G. Hollows United States Magistrate Judge
Previously pending on this court's law and motion calendar for September 6, 2012 was plaintiffs' motion to compel discovery from defendant County of Sutter ("County")*fn1 , filed August 10, 2012. Aaron Fischer appeared for plaintiffs. John Whitefleet represented the County. Having heard oral argument and reviewed the joint statement, the court now issues the following summary order.
For reasons explained at hearing, IT IS ORDERED that:
1. Plaintiffs' motion to compel discovery, filed August 10, 2012, (dkt. no. 41), is granted in part as outlined at hearing.
2. Plaintiffs shall provide to the County the documents containing signatures, for which they need identification of signatures, within five days of the hearing.
3. The County shall further respond to the discovery disputes addressed at hearing, within twenty-one days of the hearing and in accordance with the directives announced at hearing.
4. In addition, to the extent that the County is withholding any documents, created prior to the commencement of this litigation, on the basis of privilege, a privilege log describing each document withheld, including identification of date, author and recipient, shall be served upon plaintiff's counsel contemporaneously with its further discovery responses.
4. Plaintiffs' request for sanctions is denied.