IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
November 15, 2012
ALFRED SUNIGA, PLAINTIFF,
J. VAN SANT, ET AL.,
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Carolyn K. Delaney United States Magistrate Judge
ORDER STAYING CASE & SETTING SETTLEMENT CONFERENCE
On November 15, 2012, the parties filed a stipulation to stay this matter pending settlement talks. The parties also request that the Court set a settlement conference. Having considered the stipulation of the parties, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that:
1. The Amended Discovery and Scheduling Order issued September 18, 2012 (Dkt. No. 25) is hereby VACATED;
2. This litigation is stayed pending settlement talks;
3. A settlement conference is this matter is set for 9:00 a.m. on January 17, 2013 before the Honorable Craig M. Kellison at the U.S. District Court, 501 I Street, Sacramento 95814 in Courtroom #2;
4. Defendants' lead counsel and a person with full and unlimited authority to negotiate and enter into a binding settlement on defendants' behalf shall attend in person;
5. Those in attendance must be prepared to discuss the claims, defenses, and damages. The failure of any counsel, party or authorized person subject to this order to appear in person may result in the imposition of sanctions. In addition, the conference will not proceed and will be reset to another date.
6. Discovery and dispositive motion deadlines will be reset after mediation if necessary.
© 1992-2012 VersusLaw Inc.