The opinion of the court was delivered by: Present: The Honorable A. Howard Matz, U.S. District Judge
Stephen Montes Not Reported
Deputy Clerk Court Reporter / Recorder Tape No. Attorneys NOT Present for Plaintiffs: Attorneys NOT Present for Defendants:
Proceedings: IN CHAMBERS (No Proceedings Held)
The Court, having reviewed the Parties' Joint Motion For Final Approval of Class Settlement and good cause appearing thereon, ORDERS as follows:
All terms in this Order are defined pursuant to the definitions provided in the Settlement Agreement agreed to on February 21, 2012 and filed on February 22, 2012.
1. Final settlement of this class action is hereby APPROVED as being in the best interests of the settlement class members.
2. The terms of the settlement are fair, reasonable and adequate pursuant to Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 23(e).
3. The manner and form of giving notice of the settlement to settlement class members fairly apprised them of the terms of the settlement. Class notice was given on May 2, 2012 and May 16, 2012 by claims administrator CPT Group.
4. The total administration fee to be paid to claims administrator CPT Group is $55,000.00. The Court approves these fees and finds them reasonable.
5. The Court approves the form and manner of dissemination of the cash-payout to the class members as set forth in the Settlement Agreement.
6. The total settlement award to be paid to the class, which the Court finds reasonable, is $797,000.00.
7. Class counsel and the class representative adequately represented the class and shall be awarded attorneys' fees, which the Court finds ...