IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
December 10, 2012
RONALD J. LUCERO,
STEPHEN MAYBERG, ET AL., DEFENDANTS. RONALD J. LUCERO,
GARY STANTON, ET AL., DEFENDANTS.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Allison Claire United States Magistrate Judge
Plaintiff is a civil detainee proceeding pro se with an action under 42 U.S.C. § 1983. These related cases will be set for a settlement conference before the Magistrate Judge Gregory G. Hollows on Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:00 a.m. in Courtroom #9 at the U. S. District Court, 501 I Street, Sacramento, California 95814. Plaintiff is to appear by video conference from his current place of detention.
A separate order and writ of habeas corpus ad testificandum will issue with this order.
In accordance with the above, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that:
1. This case is set for a settlement conference on March 27, 2013, at 9:00 a.m. in Courtroom #9, at the U. S. District Court, 501 I Street, Sacramento, CA 95814 before the Honorable Gregory G. Hollows.
2. Plaintiff shall personally attend, via video conference.
3. Defendants' lead counsel and a person with full and unlimited authority to negotiate and enter into a binding settlement on defendants' behalf shall attend in person.*fn1
4. Parties are to provide a confidential settlement statement to Sujean Park, ADR Coordinator, 501 I Street, Suite 4-200, Sacramento, California 95814, or by email to email@example.com, so that each such statement arrives no later than March 15, 2013.
5. Those in attendance must be prepared to discuss the claims, defenses and damages. The failure of any counsel, party or authorized person subject to this order to appear in person may result in the imposition of sanctions. In addition, the conference will not proceed and will be reset to another date.