The opinion of the court was delivered by: Honorable Edward J. Davila United States District Judge
[PROPOSED] ORDER REGARDING JOINT MOTION FOR STAY OF THE PROCEEDINGS PENDING SETTLEMENT
The Joint Motion for Stay of the Proceedings Pending Settlement by Plaintiff and Counter-13 Defendant Lantiq Deutschland GmbH, Defendants and Counter-Claimants Ralink Technology 14 Corporation (Taiwan), Ralink Technology Corporation (California) and Defendants MediaTek, 15 Inc., MediaTek USA, Inc. and MediaTek Wireless, Inc. came before the above-captioned court. 16
After reviewing and considering the papers on file relating to this Joint Motion for Stay, the 17 arguments of counsel thereon, as well as any and all other records on file in this case, the Court 18 hereby rules as follows: 19 20
1. That the Joint Motion for Stay is GRANTED.
2. All proceedings in this case, including all depositions, discovery requests, 23 inspections, and productions, are stayed until February 13, 2013 so that the parties can continue 24 settlement discussions, with the goal of consummating a settlement and seeking a dismissal of this 25 case; 26
3. The prior February 4, 2013 deadline set forth in the Court's October 10, 2012 27 Order (D.I. 268) for completing all noticed depositions is extended to March 6, 2013; 28
4. The deadline for Ralink to file its Opposition to Lantiq's Motion for 2 Reconsideration of the Court's July 17 Order (D.I. 250), which is currently due January 23, 2013, 3 will be due February 22, 2013; 4
5. In the event that the parties do not settle and the stay is lifted, the parties are to 5 submit an updated joint case management conference statement and a revised Joint Preliminary 6 Pretrial Statement on February 25, 2013; and 7
6. The further status conference currently set for February 1, 2013 (D.I. 268) is 8 adjourned until _______________________, 2013. at 10:00 a.m.
The Motion for Summary Judgment (Docket Item No. 125) and the Motion to Dismiss 9 March 8 (Docket Item No. 222) are TERMINATED WITHOUT PREJUDICE to being re-filed 10 and re-noticed if necessary.