UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
January 16, 2013
ROBERT EARL SAMUELS,
UNITED STATES MARSHAL G. ADAME, ET AL., DEFENDANTS.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Stanley A. Boone United States Magistrate Judge
ORDER DIRECTING SERVICE OF SUBPOENAS ON WITNESSBY THE WITHOUT PREPAYMENT OF COSTS SERVICE WITHIN 10 DAYS
Plaintiff is a California state prisoner proceeding pro se and in forma pauperis in this civil action. Plaintiff has submitted the required fees made payable to the witness officer Valdez, being commanded to appear at trial on March 12, 2013 at 9:00 a.m. in Courtroom 9 before the undersigned.
Accordingly, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that:
1. The Clerk of the Court is directed to forward the following documents to the United States Marshal:
(1) One completed and issued subpoena to be served on: Officer Valdez 24900 Highway 202 Tehachapi, California 93561
(2) One completed USM-285 form;
(3) One money order No. 20660499808 in the amount of $215.00, made payable to officer Valdez;
(4) Two copies of this order, one to accompany the subpoena, plus an extra copy for the Marshal.
2. Within ten (10) days from the date of service of this order, the United States Marshal is directed to serve the subpoena and money order in accordance with the provisions of Rule 45 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.
3. The United States Marshal shall effect personal service and a copy of this order uponthe named individual in the subpoena pursuant to Rule 45 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and 28 U.S.C. § 566(c).
4. Within ten (10) days after personal service is effected, the United States Marshal shall file the return of service, along with the costs subsequently incurred in effecting service. Said costs shall be enumerated on the USM-285 form.
IT IS SO ORDERED.
© 1992-2013 VersusLaw Inc.