IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
March 7, 2013
RICHARD B. IVES, WARDEN, ET AL., RESPONDENTS.
STIPULATION AND [PROPOSED] ORDER CONTINUING RESPONDENTS' FILING DEADLINE
Respondents and petitioner, by and through their undersigned counsel, hereby stipulate that: 1. The present deadline for respondents' amended motion to dismiss or answer to the petition is March 8, 2013 (Order, Jan. 24, 2013, Dkt. No. 65);
2. Respondents' counsel represents that on March 5, 2013, he received new and material information relevant to the petition that requires further, brief investigation and will likely require material revisions to respondents' filing;
3. For good cause shown, respondents request a one-week extension, to March 15, 2013, of the filing deadline for their motion to dismiss or answer; and
4. Petitioner's counsel does not object to a one-week continuance of respondent's filing deadline, with the remainder of the briefing schedule and the hearing date to remain the same.
Dated: March 6, 2013 BENJAMIN B. WAGNER United States Attorney /s/ Nirav K. Desai NIRAV K. DESAI Assistant United States Attorney Counsel for Respondents /s/ John Balasz JOHN BALASZ, ESQ.
Counsel for Petitioner (As authorized on March 6, 2013)
For good cause shown, the parties' stipulation is HEREBY APPROVED, and IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that:
1. Respondents shall file and serve either an answer to the petition or an amended motion to dismiss on or before March 15, 2013;
2. The remainder of Court's January 24, 2013 Order (Dkt No. 65) shall remain in effect.
© 1992-2013 VersusLaw Inc.