The opinion of the court was delivered by: Hon. Michael W. Fitzgerald United States District Court Judge
NOTE: CHANGES MADE BY THE COURT
Complaint Filed: February 14, 2013
Having reviewed the Stipulation to Issuance of Permanent Injunction entered into between Plaintiff OTTER PRODUCTS, LLC ("Plaintiff") and Defendants TECHNOLOGY MARKET, LLC and CEMAL SAMSILOVA ("Defendants"), and good cause appearing, the Court hereby finds as follows:
a. WHEREAS Plaintiff is the owner of numerous trademarks which it uses in connection with the manufacture, distribution, sale and promotion of a wide range of products, including high-quality protective cases, peripherals and accessories for portable electronic devices and computers. Plaintiff owns all rights in and to a family of federally registered trademarks which include the following, among others (collectively, "Plaintiff's Registered Marks"):
Trademark Reg. No. Reg. Date
OTTER BOX 2287619 October 19, 1999 [DESIGN MARK] 3791318 May 18, 2010 OTTER BOX 3788535 May 11, 2010 OTTERBOX 3788534 May 11, 2010 WE'VE GOT 3865367 October 19, 2010 TECHNOLOGY COVERED DEFENDER SERIES 3623789 May 19, 2009 STRENGTH 4079672 January 3, 2012 COMMUTER SERIES 3963182 May 17, 2011 COMMUTER 3791317 May 18, 2010 IMPACT SERIES 3795187 March 10, 2010 REFLEX ZONE 4111433 March 13, 2012 REFLEX SERIES 3972039 May 31, 2011 UTILITY SERIES 4064940 November 29, 2011 ARMOR SERIES 3632231 June 2, 2009 PINK IS STRENGTH! 4053182 November 8, 2011 OTTERCARES 4101071 February 21, 2012 [DESIGN MARK] 4116998 March 27, 2012
2. WHEREAS Plaintiff also has numerous pending trademarks with the
United States Patent and Trademark Office. The serial numbers of Plaintiff's pending trademarks are as follows: 85416877; 85456430; 85458259; 85462689; 85483745; 85505980; 85576166; 85531307; 85505993; 85505986; 85505999; 85428337; 85288182; 85288187 and 85342514.
3. WHEREAS on February 14, 2013, Plaintiff filed its Complaint in this Civil Action No. Civil Action No. CV13-01100 MWF (VBKx) against Defendants, alleging causes of action under §32(1) of the Lanham Act (15 U.S.C. §1114(1)) for infringement of federally registered trademarks, under §43(c) of the Lanham Act (15 U.S.C. 1125(c)) and California Business & Professions Code § 14247 for dilution of federally registered and common law trademarks, under §43(a) of the Lanham Act (15 U.S.C. §1125(a)) for unfair competition, and under the statutory and common law of the State of California to enjoin Defendants' current and prospective infringement and dilution of the Plaintiff's Marks and unfair competition, and to recover monetary damages resulting from those actions.
4. WHEREAS Plaintiff served the summons and Complaint on Defendants on February 28, 2013.
5. WHEREAS Defendants represent and warrant that they have potentially unknowingly sold and/or distributed at least one Product that Plaintiff alleges is counterfeit, but no more than 4,387 units of allegedly counterfeit Products.on eBay.com, seller ID "ustechmarket".
6. WHEREAS Defendants at all times believed the products they sold bearing the OTTERBOX® mark to be genuine OTTERBOX® products, but concede Defendants have no way of authenticating such products.
7. WHEREAS Defendants have previously ceased selling products bearing the OTTERBOX® mark, so Defendants have agreed to stipulate to the issuance of a permanent injunction with ...