BETTY DUKES, PATRICIA SURGESON, EDITH ARANA, DEBORAH GUNTER, and CHRISTINE KWAPNOSKI, on behalf of themselves and all others similarly situated, Plaintiffs,
WAL-MART STORES, INC., Defendant.
Randy Renick, SBN 179652 email@example.com, Anne Richardson, SBN 151541 firstname.lastname@example.org, Cornelia Dai, SBN 207435 email@example.com HADSELL STORMER RICHARDSON & RENICK, LLP, Pasadena, California, Joseph M. Sellers, firstname.lastname@example.org, Christine E. Webber, email@example.com COHEN MILSTEIN SELLERS & TOLL, PLLC, Washington, DC, Attorneys for Plaintiffs.
GIBSON, DUNN & CRUTCHER LLP THEODORE J. BOUTROUS, JR., SBN 132099 CATHERINE A. CONWAY, SBN 98366 Los Angeles, CA, Attorneys for Defendant WAL-MART STORES, INC.
STIPULATION AND ORDER REGARDING HEARING DATE FOR CLASS CERTIFICATION MOTION
CHARLES R. BREYER, District Judge.
The undersigned counsel, on behalf of Betty Dukes, Patricia Surgeson, Edith Arana, Deborah Gunter, and Christine Kwapnoski ("Plaintiffs") and Defendant Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. ("Wal-Mart, " and collectively with Plaintiffs, the "Parties") understand that the Court has set a briefing and hearing schedule for class certification and wish to uphold that schedule. However, in light of certain scheduling conflicts the Parties hereby stipulate and agree to the proposed hearing date below. The pertinent facts are as follows:
1. The Court has ordered Plaintiffs to file a motion for class certification on April 15, 2013 (Dkt. 886);
2. The Court has ordered Wal-Mart to file its opposition to Plaintiffs' motion for class certification no later than May 31, 2013 (Dkt. 826, 886);
3. The Court has ordered Plaintiffs to file their optional reply no later than June 25, 2013 (Dkt. 826, 886);
4. The Court has set a hearing on Plaintiffs' motion for class certification on July 9, 2013 at 10:00AM, (Dkt. 887); and
5. Wal-Mart's lead counsel Theodore J. Boutrous, Jr. is unable to appear on July 9, 2013 due to a scheduling conflict requiring him to be outside the country for business reasons and Plaintiffs' lead counsel Joseph M. Sellers is unable to appear on July 1-3, 2013 due to a scheduling conflict requiring him to be on the East Coast;
In light of the foregoing, the Parties stipulate and agree to the holding of the hearing on class certification on June 28, 2013 at a time suitable to the Court.
IT IS SO STIPULATED.
The Court will hear oral argument on the class certification motion and any related motions on ...