BRAVADO INTERNATIONAL GROUP MERCHANDISING SERVICES, INC., Plaintiff,
JOHN DOES 1-5, JANE DOES 1-4 AND XYZ COMPANY, Time: Defendants.
Cara R. Burns, Hicks, Mims, Kaplan & Burns, Santa Monica, California, Attorneys for Plaintiff, BRAVADO INTERNATIONAL GROUP MERCHANDISING SERVICES, INC.
[PROPOSED] PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION AND SEIZURE ORDER
AUDREY B. COLLINS, District Judge.
Plaintiff Bravado International Group Merchandising Services, Inc. ("Plaintiff") having moved for a Preliminary Injunction enjoining and restraining the defendants from manufacturing, selling or distributing merchandise bearing the federally registered trademarks, servicemarks, logos, likenesses or other indicia of the musical group known as "METALLICA" and its festival known as "ORION MUSIC MORE, " also known as the "ORION MUSIC AND MORE, " the "ORION MUSIC FESTIVAL, " and the "ORION FESTIVAL" (all of the foregoing collectively referred to as the "Group's and the Festival's Trademarks") and ordering the seizure and impounding of such articles; and service having been effected upon certain defendants at the and/or near the Group's and/or the Festival's concert which has previously occurred; and Plaintiff's application having come on for a hearing before the Honorable Audrey B. Collins on the 7th day of May, 2013, at the United States Courthouse in the Central District of California, and Plaintiff having appeared by its attorneys, and there having been no other appearances;
Now, on presentation and consideration of Plaintiff's application for a preliminary injunction and order of seizure, the declaration in support thereof and all other pleadings and prior proceedings heretofore had herein in this matter, the Court hereby finds:
1. By reason of the substantial and continuous use of the Group's and the Festival's Trademarks in connection with the Group's and the Festival's work, said marks have acquired meanings identified with the Group and the Festival and with products and services associated with them;
2. The served defendants, and those in active concert or participation with such defendants, have infringed upon Plaintiff's rights in the Group's and the Festival's Trademarks, as well committed acts of unfair competition against Plaintiff herein by manufacturing, distributing, offering for sale and selling merchandise bearing any or all of the Group's and the Festival's Trademarks at or near the sites of the Group's and the Festival's concerts, without having obtained a license or any other authorization to do so, as alleged in the complaint;
3. The acts of the defendants, and those in active concert or participation with them, constitute a violation of the United States Trademark Act in that they: a) involve goods or services, b) are activities which affect interstate commerce, and c) infringe the trademark and/or bear a false designation of the source or origin of such goods or are likely to cause confusion, mistake or deception as to the affiliation, connection, association, sponsorship or approval of Plaintiff or the Group with respect to such goods;
4. Defendants, and those in active concert or participation with them, will continue to sell such unauthorized merchandise unless enjoined by the Court; and
5. Copies of this Court's Temporary Restraining Order; Seizure Order; and an Order to Show Cause Why a Preliminary Injunction and Seizure Order Should Not Issue and the Complaint filed in support of Plaintiff's application in this case have been served upon the defendants and the unauthorized, "bootleg" merchandise has been seized from the defendants;
NOW, THEREFORE, IT IS HEREBY
ORDERED, that the defendants, their agents, servants, employees, attorneys, successors, and assigns, and all persons, firms, and corporations acting in active concert or participation with said defendants, are enjoined and restrained from:
(A) Using any or all of the Group's and the Festival's Trademarks in connection with the sale, offering for sale, distribution, and/or advertising of any clothing or other merchandise;
(B) Manufacturing, distributing, selling, and/or holding for sale any clothing or other merchandise which carries or otherwise uses any or all of the ...