The opinion of the court was delivered by: Hon. Charles R. Breyer United States Magistrate Judge
STUART F. DELERY Acting Assistant Attorney General JOSHUA B. EATON (CA Bar No. 196887) Attorney for the United States, Acting Under Authority Conferred by 28 U.S.C. §515 ALEX G. TSE (CA Bar No. 152348) Chief, Civil Division SARA WINSLOW (DC Bar No. 457643) THOMAS R. GREEN (CA Bar No. 203480) Assistant United States Attorneys 450 Golden Gate Avenue, Box 36055 San Francisco, California 94102 Telephone: (415) 436-6925 (Winslow) (415) 436-7314 (Green) Facsimile: (415) 436-6748 firstname.lastname@example.org MICHAEL GRANSTON JAMIE A. YAVELBERG RENEE S. ORLEANS KIMBERLY I. FRIDAY Attorneys Civil Division United States Department of Justice P.O. Box 261 Ben Franklin Station Washington, D.C. 20044 Telephone: (202) 514-4504 Facsimile: (202) 305-4117 email@example.com Attorneys for the United States of America
Plaintiffs, the United States of America and Relator Joe Strom, and Defendants, Scios, Inc. and Johnson & Johnson, respectfully submit this Joint Status Report.
1. On April 10, 2013, the Court issued an order based on the parties' stipulation to continue the stay of this case.
2. A status conference is scheduled for May 24, 2013.
3. As we have previously reported, the United States and Defendants have reached an agreement in principle on settling the above-captioned case.
4. The parties are continuing to negotiate the terms of the resolution of this matter.
Since the last status report, progress has been made but the parties need additional time to complete the process and request that the Court reschedule the May 24, 2013 status conference to July 12, 2013, with another status report due on July 5, 2013.
5. Should the settlement be resolved prior to July 12, 2013, the parties will so notify the Court.
Pursuant to stipulation, IT IS SO ORDERED. The status conference currently scheduled for May 24, 2013 at 8:30 a.m. shall be vacated and rescheduled for July 12, 2013 at 8:30 a.m. A joint status report is due no later than July 5, 2013. The previous stay entered in the case continues.