SAMUEL L. CALDWELL, Plaintiff,
TORRANCE L. PORCH, HERMAN STAMPLY, DET. ARIAS, OFFICER JACKSON, Defendants.
DECLUES, BURKETT & THOMPSON, LLP, J. MICHAEL DECLUES, PATRICIA A. LYNCH, Attorneys for Defendant, HERMAN STAMPLEY, a public employee.
PROTECTIVE ORDER, DISCLOSURE LOG, EXHIBIT A
SUZANNE H. SEGAL, Magistrate Judge.
The Court, having considered the Motion to Compel filed by plaintiff Samuel L. Caldwell, and having ordered defendant HERMAN STAMPLEY to produce documents response to Categories 1 to 4 and 11 and to respond to Categories 2, 3, and 4 as though they were interrogatories, now makes the following Protective Order:
1. Plaintiff is prohibited from knowingly copying, duplicating, reproducing, or authorizing another to copy, duplicate, reproduce, the information disclosed from the officer's personnel files pursuant to the order for disclosure in this case, except for use in this litigation.
2. Plaintiff is prohibited from conveying, transferring, publishing, distributing, or authorizing another to convey, transfer, publish or distribute the information ordered disclosed pursuant to the order for disclosure in this case, except for use in this litigation.
3. Use of the information disclosed by Stampley is limited to the instant civil action, and neither Plaintiff nor any other individual shall utilize it in any other criminal or civil proceeding.
4. Any depositions during which the contents of the records are part the testimony or copies of the records are attached as exhibits shall be marked confidential.
5. Within 30 days after completion of the judicial process in this case, the parties shall return the above-referenced records to Patricia A. Lynch, Declues, Burkett & Thompson, LLP, as attorneys for the Custodian of Records for the Compton Unified School District Police, and shall not retain any copies of any such materials in any form.
6. Attorneys for the parties or parties in pro per shall cause the substance of this Order to be communicated to each person to whom the information is revealed in accordance with this Order, and shall maintain a log identifying each person to whom such information is revealed, their role or function in this litigation, and the date of such disclosure as set forth in the Disclosure Log attached to this Order.
7. Use of the information ordered disclosed is limited to Plaintiff in this case, and to any experts or investigators employed by Plaintiff in this case, and to any experts or investigators employed by Plaintiff, and nobody shall disclose it, either in writing or orally, to persons not having a need to, or access to, (including the media), the disclosed material for any purpose whatsoever, including for the purposes of preparing this matter for trial.
8. All documents produced by Defendant in response to the Court's June 4, 2013 Order, and any documents or information derived therefrom, shall be considered "Confidential-Attorneys' Eyes or In Pro Per Parties Only" Documents.
9. All documents produced by Defendant in response to the Court's June 4, 2013 Order, and any documents or information derived therefrom, shall be maintained by Plaintiff in a secure location.
10. All documents produced by Defendant in response to the Court's June 4, 2013 Order, and any documents or information derived therefrom, considered "Confidential-Attorneys' Eyes or In Pro Per Parties Only, " shall be viewed or disclosed only as necessary in this ...