UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, ex rel. STROM, Plaintiff,
SCIOS, INC. and JOHNSON & JOHNSON, Defendants.
STUART F. DELERY, Acting Assistant Attorney General JOSHUA B. EATON (CA Bar No. 196887) Attorney for the United States, ALEX G. TSE (CA Bar No. 152348) Chief, Civil Division SARA WINSLOW (DC Bar No. 457643) THOMAS R. GREEN (CA Bar No. 203480) Assistant United States Attorneys, San Francisco, California, MICHAEL GRANSTON JAMIE A. YAVELBERG RENÉE S. ORLEANS KIMBERLY I. FRIDAY Attorneys Civil Division United States Department of Justice, Washington, D.C., Attorneys for the United States of America
NOLAN & AUERBACH, P.A. LAW OFFICES OF MATTHEW PAVONE KENNETH J. NOLAN, Esq. MARCELLA AUERBACH, Esq. Pro Hac Vice MATTHEW B. PAVONE, Esq., Attorneys for Qui Tam Plaintiff Joe Strom
QUINN EMANUEL URQUHART & SULLIVAN, LLP JOHN POTTER, Esq. DIANE DOOLITTLE, Esq. NICOLE ALTMAN, Esq., Attorneys for Defendants Scios, Inc. and Johnson & Johnson.
JOINT STATUS REPORT and ORDER
CHARLES R. BREYER, Magistrate Judge.
Plaintiffs, the United States of America and Relator Joe Strom, and Defendants, Scios, Inc. and Johnson & Johnson, respectfully submit this Joint Status Report.
1. On May 13, 2013, the Court issued an order based on the parties' stipulation to continue the stay of this case.
2. A status conference is scheduled for July 12, 2013.
3. As we have previously reported, the United States and Defendants have reached an agreement in principle on settling the above-captioned case.
4. The parties are continuing to negotiate the terms of the resolution of this matter. Since the last status report, progress has been made but the parties need additional time to complete the process and request that the Court reschedule the July 12, 2013 status conference to August 23, 2013, with another status report due on August 16, 2013.
5. Should the settlement be resolved prior to August 23, 2013, the parties will so notify the Court.
Pursuant to stipulation, IT IS SO ORDERED. The status conference currently scheduled for July 12, 2013 at 8:30 a.m. shall be vacated and rescheduled for August 23, 2013 at 8:30 a.m. A joint status report is due no later than ...