September 4, 2013
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, ex rel. STROM Plaintiff,
SCIOS, INC. and JOHNSON & JOHNSON Defendants.
STUART F. DELERY, Assistant Attorney General, JOSHUA B. EATON (CA Bar No. 196887), Attorney for the United States, Acting Under Authority Conferred by 28 U.S.C. § 515 ALEX G. TSE (CA Bar No. 152348), Chief, Civil Division, SARA WINSLOW (DC Bar No. 457643), THOMAS R. GREEN (CA Bar No. 203480), Assistant United States Attorneys, San Francisco, California.
MICHAEL GRANSTON, JAMIE A. YAVELBERG, RENÉE S. ORLEANS, KIMBERLY I. FRIDAY Attorneys Civil Division United States Department of Justice, Washington, D.C., Attorneys for the United States of America.
NOLAN & AUERBACH, P.A. LAW OFFICES OF MATTHEW PAVONE KENNETH J. NOLAN, Esq., MARCELLA AUERBACH, Esq., Pro Hac Vice MATTHEW B. PAVONE, Esq., Attorneys for Qui Tam Plaintiff Joe Strom.
QUINN EMANUEL URQUHART & SULLIVAN, LLP JOHN POTTER, Esq., DIANE DOOLITTLE, Esq., NICOLE ALTMAN, Esq., Attorneys for Defendants Scios, Inc. and Johnson & Johnson.
JOINT STATUS REPORT; ORDER
CHARLES R. BREYER, District Judge.
Plaintiffs, the United States of America and Relator Joe Strom, and Defendants, Scios, Inc. and Johnson & Johnson, respectfully submit this Joint Status Report.
1. On August 19, 2013, the Court issued an order based on the parties' stipulation to continue the stay of this case.
2. A status conference is scheduled for September 6, 2013.
3. As we have previously reported, the United States and Defendants have reached an agreement in principle on settling the above-captioned case.
4. The parties are continuing to negotiate the terms of the resolution of this matter. Since the last status report, progress has been made but the parties need additional time to complete the process and request that the Court reschedule the September 6, 2013 status conference to October 18, 2013, with another status report due on October 11, 2013.
5. Should the settlement be resolved prior to October 11, 2013, the parties will so notify the Court.
Pursuant to stipulation, IT IS SO ORDERED. The status conference currently scheduled for September 6, 2013 at 8:30 a.m. shall be vacated and rescheduled for October 18, 2013 at 8:30 a.m. A joint status report is due no later than October 11, 2013. The previous stay entered in the case continues.