BENJAMIN B. WAGNER, United States Attorney, JEFFREY A. SPIVAK, HEATHER MARDEL JONES, Assistant United States Attorneys, United States Courthouse Fresno, California, Attorneys for the United States.
FINAL JUDGMENT OF FORFEITURE
LAWRENCE J. O'NEILL, District Judge.
Pursuant to the Stipulation for Final Judgment of Forfeiture, the Court finds:
1. This is a civil forfeiture action against the defendant approximately $75, 000.00 in U.S. Currency (hereafter "defendant currency") seized on or about November 15, 2012.
2. A Verified Complaint for Forfeiture In Rem ("Complaint") was filed on May 13, 2013, alleging that said defendant currency is subject to forfeiture to the United States of America pursuant to 21 U.S.C. § 881(a)(6).
3. On June 21, 2013, the Clerk issued a Warrant for Arrest for the defendant currency. The warrant for the defendant currency was duly executed on June 26, 2013.
4. Beginning on May 31, 2013, for at least 30 consecutive days, the United States published notice of this action on the official government forfeiture site www.forfeiture.gov.
5. In addition to the public notice on the official internet government forfeiture site www.forfeiture.gov, actual notice or attempted notice was given to the following individuals:
a. Michael Lau
b. Linn Van Nguyen
c. Peter J. Walford, attorney
6. To date, no parties have filed claims or answers in this matter, and the time in which any person or entity may file a claim and answer has expired.
7. The Clerk of the Court entered a Clerk's Certificate of Entry of Default against Linn Van Nguyen on August 29, 2013. Pursuant to Local Rule 540, the United States and Potential Claimant Michael Lau thus join in a request that as part of this Final Judgment of Forfeiture in this case the ...