ROSS A. NABATOFF, WASHINGTON D.C. BAR NO. 376665, (PRO HAC VICE) BRAND LAW GROUP, PC, WASHINGTON, DC,
CHRISTIAN E. PICONE, CA STATE BAR NO. 218275, KATHLEEN F. SHERMAN, CA STATE BAR NO. 241200, BERLINER COHEN, SAN JOSE, CALIFORNIA, Attorney for Defendant Ali Kashani.
SWANSON & McNAMARA LLP, EDWARD W. SWANSON, NATHAN BAYS, Attorneys for Defendant Yang Zhao.
JEFFREY B. SCHENK, ASSISTANT UNITED STATES ATTORNEY. STIPULATION AND  ORDER FOR
A BRIEFING SCHEDULE FOR DEFENDANTS' MOTIONS TO DISMISS THE INDICTMENT AND TO
VACATE THE STATUS CONFERENCE
D. LOWELL JENSEN, District Judge.
1. Defendants intend to file Motions to Dismiss the Indictment in the above referenced case. Counsel have conferred and reached a proposed briefing schedule (outlined below).
2. Ali Kashani will file his Motion to Dismiss and supporting documents on or before September 11, 2013. Yang Zhao will file her Motion to Dismiss and supporting documents on or before September 13, 2013.
3. The Government shall file its Oppositions and supporting documents to the Defendants' motions on or before October 3, 2013.
4. Defendants may each file a Reply on or before October 10, 2013.
5. The Court will hold a hearing on the Defendants Motions to Dismiss the Indictment on October 17, 2013 at 10:00 AM.
6. The Court shall vacate the status conference set for September 12, 2013 at 9:00 AM and re-set the status conference with the hearing on the Motions to Dismiss the Indictment on October 17, 2013 at 10:00 AM.
7. Time under the Speedy Trail Act (18 U.S.C. §1363(h)(1)(D)) shall be excluded from the filing of this Stipulation and Order through the conclusion of the hearing or other prompt disposition of the motions.
The status conference set September 12, 2013 at 9:00 AM is vacated. The court sets a further status conference and a hearing on Defendants' Motions to Dismiss the Indictment for October 17 at 10:00 AM. The court adopts the briefing schedule outline in the Stipulation. Time under the Speedy Trail Act (18 U.S.C. §1363(h)(1)(D)) shall be excluded from the filing of this ...