BENJAMIN B. WAGNER, United States Attorney, JEFFREY A. SPIVAK, HEATHER MARDEL JONES, Assistant United States Attorneys, United States Courthouse, Fresno, California, Attorneys for the United States.
FINAL JUDGMENT OF FORFEITURE
ANTHONY W. ISHII, Senior District Judge.
Pursuant to the Stipulation for Final Judgment of Forfeiture, the Court finds:
1. This is a civil forfeiture action against the defendant 1968 Chevrolet Camaro Super Sport, License: 400WTZ, VIN: 123678N381592 (hereafter "defendant vehicle") seized on or about June 28, 2011.
2. A Verified Complaint for Forfeiture In Rem ("Complaint") was filed on November 10, 2011, alleging that said defendant vehicle is subject to forfeiture to the United States of America pursuant to 21 U.S.C. § 881(a)(6).
3. On November 17, 2011, the Clerk issued a Warrant for Arrest for the defendant vehicle. The warrant for the defendant vehicles was duly executed on December 9, 2011.
4. Beginning on November 22, 2011, for at least 30 consecutive days, the United States published notice of this action on the official government forfeiture site www.forfeiture.gov.
5. In addition to the public notice on the official internet government forfeiture site www.forfeiture.gov, actual notice or attempted notice was given to the following individuals:
a. Veronica Leon Abreo aka Veronica Leon
b. Ivan Leon Abreo
c. Robert L. Forkner, attorney
6. On December 5, 2011, Veronica Leon Abreo filed her claim to the defendant vehicle and answer to the complaint. To date, no other parties have filed claims or answers in this matter, and the time in which any person or entity may file a claim and answer has expired.
7. The Clerk of the Court entered a Clerk's Certificate of Entry of Default against Ivan Leon Abreo on December 30, 2011. Pursuant to Local Rule 540, the United States and Claimant Veronica Leon Abreo thus join in a request that as part of this Final Judgment of Forfeiture in this case the ...