BENJAMIN B. WAGNER, United States Attorney, KEVIN C. KHASIGIAN, Assistant U.S. Attorney, Sacramento, CA, Attorneys for the United States.
FINAL JUDGMENT OF FORFEITURE
JOHN A. MENDEZ, District Judge.
Pursuant to the Stipulation for Final Judgment of Forfeiture, the Court finds:
1. This is a civil forfeiture action against the above captioned assets (hereafter "defendant properties") seized on or about August 13, 2008.
2. A Verified Complaint for Forfeiture In Rem ("Complaint") was filed on January 13, 2009, alleging that the above captioned defendant properties are subject to forfeiture to the United States pursuant to 18 U.S.C. §§ 981(a)(1)(C) and 2344(c).
3. On or about January 14, 2009, the Clerk issued a Warrant for Arrest for the defendant properties, and that warrant was executed on January 15, 2009, and May 22, 2009.
4. Beginning on January 21, 2009, for at least thirty consecutive days, the United States published Notice of the Forfeiture Action on the official internet government forfeiture site www.forfeiture.gov. A Declaration of Publication was filed on February 25, 2009.
5. In addition to the public notice on the official internet government forfeiture site www.forfeiture.gov, actual notice or attempted notice was given to the following individuals or entities:
a. Raed Mouri
b. George Bittar
c. Wanda Bittar
d. Charles Gerken
e. Phoenix Cash & Carry
6. Claimants Phoenix Cash & Carry, LLC; Raed "Roy" Mouri; George Bittar; and Ideal Tobacco Wholesale, Inc. ("Claimants"), filed Verified Claims on February 17, 2009. This case has been stayed by Court Order pending the resolution of the related criminal case, United States v. Raed Mouri and George Bittar, 2:13-CR-00261-JAM. No other parties have filed claims or answers in ...