JAMES J. MAYFIELD, Plaintiff,
IVAN OROZCO, ET AL., Defendants.
ALLISON CLAIRE, District Judge.
Plaintiff is proceeding in this action in pro per and has requested leave to proceed in forma pauperis pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 1915. This proceeding was referred to this court pursuant to Local Rule 302(c)(21).
Plaintiff has submitted an affidavit making the showing required by 28 U.S.C. § 1915(a)(1). Accordingly, the request to proceed in forma pauperis will be granted.
The complaint states a cognizable claim for relief. If the allegations of the complaint are proven, plaintiff has a reasonable opportunity to prevail on the merits of this action.
Good cause appearing, IT IS ORDERED that:
1. Plaintiff's request for leave to proceed in forma pauperis (ECF No. 2) is granted.
2. Service is appropriate for the following defendants: Ivan Orozco and the County of Sacramento.
3. The Clerk of the Court is directed to issue forthwith, and the U.S. Marshal is directed to serve within ninety days of the date of this order, all process pursuant to Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 4, including a copy of this court's status order, without prepayment of costs.
4. The Clerk of the Court shall send plaintiff one USM-285 form for each defendant, one summons, a copy of the complaint, an appropriate form for consent to trial by a magistrate judge, and this court's status order.
5. Plaintiff is directed to supply the U.S. Marshal, within 15 days from the date this order is filed, all information needed by the Marshal to effect service of process, and shall file a statement with the court that said documents have been submitted to the United States Marshal. The court anticipates that, to effect service, the U.S. Marshal will require at least:
a. One completed summons for each defendant;
b. One completed USM-285 form for each defendant;
c. One copy of the endorsed filed complaint for each defendant, with an extra copy ...