United States District Court, E.D. California
January 29, 2014
MWE SERVICES, INC., AND CHRISTOPHER J. MARTIN, Plaintiffs,
CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF FORESTRY AND FIRE PROTECTION; CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS; CALIFORNIA HIGHWAYPATROL; CAMPTONVILLE FIRE DEPARTMENT; DOBBINS/OREGON HOUSE FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT; GRASS VALLEY FIRE DEPARTMENT; LINDA FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT; NORTH SAN JUAN FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT; PACIFIC GAS AND ELECTRIC COMPANY; PENN VALLEY FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT; U.S. DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE FOREST SERVICE; U.S. GEOLOGICAL SURVEY; AND DOES 1-2, 500. Defendants.
BENJAMIN B. WAGNER United States Attorney GLEN F. DORGAN, GREGORY T. BRODERICK, Assistant United States Attorneys Sacramento, CA, Attorneys for Defendant United States of America. AC>KAMALA D. HARRIS,
STIPULATION RE EXTENSION OF TIME TO RESPOND TO COMPLAINT AND SUBMIT A JOINT STATUS REPORT; ORDER [Local Rule 144]
JOHN A. MENDEZ, District Judge.
1. On or about February 27, 2013, Plaintiffs filed their First Amended Complaint in Interpleader ("the Complaint") with the Yuba County Superior Court in Case No. YCSCCVCV 12-0001124.
2. On or about December 2, 2013, Plaintiffs completed service of the Complaint on the United States.
3. On or about January 2, 2014, the United States timely filed a Notice of Removal of the Complaint.
4. By stipulation filed January 8, 2014 [Doc # 4], and pursuant to Local Rule 144, the parties agreed to an extension of time through February 6, 2014, for any responsive pleading to be filed by any defendant served with the summons who had not answered the Complaint in state court.
5. Pursuant to the Court's Order Requiring Joint Status Report [Doc # 2], the parties have a deadline of January 31, 2014, to confer as required by Fed.R.Civ.P. 26(f) and submit a Joint Status Report to the Court.
6. On January 24, 2014, all parties to this stipulation conferred, through their counsel of record, as required by Fed.R.Civ.P. 26(f). Based on the conference call, the parties anticipate that they may be able to resolve informally certain issues raised by the underlying Complaint and the removal, and the parties desire additional time to continue their meet-and-confer efforts.
The parties hereto, acting by and through their designated counsel, hereby stipulate that (1) the deadline for the United States and the State of California to file responsive pleadings to the Complaint shall be extended by 46 days, from February 6, 2014, through and including March 24, 2014; and (2) the deadline for submitting the Joint Status Report to the Court shall be extended 60 days, from January 31, 2014, through and including April 1, 2014.
Based on the stipulation of the parties, and good cause appearing therefor,
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that (1) the deadline for the United States and the State of California to file responsive pleadings to the Complaint shall be extended by 46 days, from February 6, 2014, through and including March 24, 2014; and (2) the deadline for submitting the Joint Status Report to the Court shall be extended 60 days, from January 31, 2014, through and including April 1, 2014.