United States District Court, E.D. California
BENJAMIN B. WAGNER, United
States Attorney, JEFFREY A. SPIVAK Assistant U.S. Attorney Sacramento, CA.
Attorneys for the United States
FINAL JUDGMENT OF FORFEITURE
MORRISON C. ENGLAND, Jr., Chief District Judge.
Pursuant to the Stipulation for Final Judgment of Forfeiture, the Court finds:
1. This is a civil forfeiture action against Approximately $18, 970.00 in U.S. Currency (the "Brooks Defendant Currency") and Approximately $16, 500.00 in U.S. Currency (the "Rosario Defendant Currency" and together with the Brooks Defendant Currency, collectively, the "Defendant Currency") seized on or about October 16, 2012.
2. A Verified Complaint for Forfeiture In Rem ("Complaint") was filed on July 12, 2013, alleging that the Defendant Currency is subject to forfeiture to the United States pursuant to 21 U.S.C. § 881.
3. On July 15, 2013, the Clerk issued a Warrant for Arrest for the Defendant Currency, and that warrant was duly executed on July 22, 2013.
4. Beginning on June 24, 2013, for at least 30 consecutive days, the United States published Notice of the Forfeiture Action on the official internet government forfeiture site www.forfeiture.gov. A Declaration of Publication was filed on August 27, 2013.
5. In addition to the public notice on the official internet government forfeiture site www.forfeiture.gov, actual notice or attempted notice was given to the following individual(s):
a. Vankeith Brooks
b. Jorge Rosario
6. Claimant Vankeith Brooks filed a claim alleging an interest in the Brooks Defendant Currency on February 4, 2014. Claimant Jorge Rosario filed a claim alleging an interest in the Rosario Defendant Currency on February 4, 2014. No other parties have filed claims or answers in this matter, and the time in which any person or entity may file a claim and answer has expired.
7. Claimant Vankeith Brooks represents and warrants that he is the sole owner of the Brooks Defendant Currency. Claimant Jorge Rosario represents and warrants that he is the sole owner of the Rosario Defendant Currency.
Based on the above findings, and the files and records of the Court, it is hereby ORDERED:
1. The Court adopts the Stipulation for Final Judgment of Forfeiture entered into by and between ...