United States District Court, E.D. California
ORDER SETTING SETTLEMENT CONFERENCE
KENDALL J. NEWMAN, Magistrate Judge.
Plaintiff is a state prisoner, proceeding without counsel, with a civil rights action pursuant to 42 U.S.C. § 1983. The court has determined that this case will benefit from a settlement conference. Therefore, this case is set for a settlement conference before the undersigned on August 18, 2015, at 9:00 a.m., at the U.S. District Court, 501 I Street, Sacramento, California 95814 in Courtroom #25.
The parties are required to file a signed Waiver of Disqualification (included below), or notice of non-waiver of disqualification, no later than July 15, 2015. If the parties file a notice of non-waiver of disqualification, a randomly selected magistrate judge will be assigned to conduct the settlement conference on a date and time to be determined by the court.
In accordance with the above, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that:
1. This case is set for a settlement conference before Magistrate Judge Kendall J. Newman on August 18, 2015, at 9:00 a.m., at the U.S. District Court, 501 I Street, Sacramento, California 95814 in Courtroom #25.
2. The parties are required to file a signed Waiver of Disqualification, no later than July 15, 2015. If parties file a notice of non-waiver of disqualification, a randomly selected magistrate judge will be assigned to conduct the settlement conference on a date and time to be determined by the court.
3. A representative with full and unlimited authority to negotiate and enter into a binding settlement shall attend in person.
4. Those in attendance must be prepared to discuss the claims, defenses and damages. The failure of any counsel, party or authorized person subject to this order to appear in person may result in the imposition of sanctions. In addition, the conference will not proceed and will be reset to another date.
5. The parties are directed to exchange non-confidential settlement statements seven days prior to the settlement conference. These statements shall simultaneously be delivered to the court using the following email address: email@example.com. Plaintiff shall mail his non-confidential settlement statement to arrive not less than seven days prior to the settlement conference, addressed to Magistrate Judge Kendall J. Newman, USDC CAED, 501 I Street, Suite 4-200, Sacramento, CA 95814. The envelope shall be marked "Settlement Statement." If a party desires to share additional confidential information with the court, they may do so pursuant to the provisions of Local Rule 270(d) and (e).
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
Under Local Rule 270(b) of the Eastern District of California, the parties to the herein action affirmatively request that Magistrate Judge Newman participate in the settlement conference scheduled for June 30, 2015. To the extent the parties consent to trial of the case before the assigned magistrate judge, they waive any ...